Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Looking back

So as it's been awhile since I have last written, you can probably tell that my life is CRAZY! Personally I wouldn't think so as I am now at home full time... but believe me when I say that Parker is as much of a full time job if not more! However, I am LOVING all this time that we get to spend together!

Parker constantly plays with his laptop (yes Sam gave him a laptop for Christmas.... I know- he's the only two year old on the planet with his own laptop, but it makes Sam happy and Parker enjoys it.) In addition to telling us that he loves us, he has now added the laptop and the penguin (his desktop image) in the "I love" list.  Very cute!

Sam has been really busy at work... he will be taking a trip to New York soon and I am jealous! But, at least to console me, he will not have a moment of peace- this trip is all about work. Still, it's sad to know that I won't be going on any of these trips anymore!

In regards to my post title I have been thinking a lot about the past lately... probably because so many new things are occuring in my life.  The one I'm stuck on today and wanted to write about is my experiences last time I was pregnant- with Parker of course!

I am at the point in this pregnancy where we are about to find out if I am having a boy or a girl. This is very exciting but also very unnerving! Boy? Girl? What is in my tummy right now? Last time I was pregnant this was a very stressful time for us- Sam had just gotten laid off from work and we were going to have a baby soon. All the expenses... not to mention finding a new job! Those months were very difficult for us as a family. Luckily we did have some savings in the bank and that did help to lessen the load, but as anyone will tell you having a baby is expensive.  Every day we were constantly worried about how long we were going to make it.  Medicaid was a big help. For those of you who know me it really bugs me when people use the system (not getting off their asses to get a job and mooching off the government because they can!). However, Medicaid for us was an amazing help and we were both so grateful that that subsidy was there for us.  If it hadn't been we would not still be in the house we are now.   I think the most frustrating thing for me back then was that I couldn't get a job... I mean who wanted to hire a woman that was obviously pregnant and would want to take maternity leave soon after they got the job? (I know it's not fair but I can understand their point of view...)

Friends also made a big difference to us during this time.  Last time I was scheduling my ultrasound I was so excited to have my friend come with me and share in the wonder of finding out who this baby was.  It's sad now because I have lost contact with her... and I'm sure that we are both to blame for this.  It's sad how you can be so involved in a friendship with someone and realize one day that you haven't seen each other in almost two years. However, I do miss her and hopefully one day we will reconnect... then again I have tried many times to reach this person and have gotten no response back and have given up. It's sad now as I'm scheduling my ultrasound with this baby that this friend isn't being invited because we have lost base with each other... it was nice to have her there and miss her.

Enough for now... and Michael I am sure that there are some incorrect sentences and miss-spelled words but oh well... that's what happens when you go into a pregnant womans brain... it's weird in here!

No comments:

Post a Comment